Jean-Francois Hibbert has been an emergency medicine MD for over 20 years and have been the director of an emergency medicine dept. for over 9 years. Jean-Francois went to school in Montreal Canada until the age of 17 when his family moved to Massachusetts. Jean-Francois finished High School where he played on the varsity tennis team and then attended Brown University. While at Brown, Jean-Francois also was on the varsity tennis team and graduated with a BA in Biology. After having worked one summer in a local hospital he decided to apply to medical school and was accepted to University of Massachusetts Medical School. He graduated four years later with an MD degree.
Jean-Francois began his career as an intern in general surgery at Bridgeport Hospital in Bridgeport, CT. He completed his residency at Yale/New Haven Hospital, and started working as an emergency medicine physician in New York following his residency. Jean-Francois has been an attending physician at Catskill Regional Medical Center in New York since 1990 on a full-time basis. In 1994, Jean-Francois saw his first directorship position, being promoted to Assistant Director of the Emergency Medicine Department, and again promoted to Director of the Emergency Medicine Department in 2002.
Jean-Francois has provided Medical Control oversight for two volunteer ambulance services and has lectured monthly for continuing medical education for Allied Health Professionals, Nurses and Physicians on various medical topics. He has also started the following initiatives:
1) Provided administrative oversight for performance improvement projects in compliance with Joint Commission Accreditation
2) Conducted monthly reviews of physician and mid-level practitioner performance statistics to promote efficiency, productivity and enhance throughput.
3) Provided medical and quality oversight for Electronic Medical Record (EMR) installation and development.
4) Participated in public relation outreaches to the regional communities to educate the public in regard to healthcare and resources.
5) Conducted seminars for the elderly at CRMC-GH 2007 in Risk Prevention and disease prevention for older adults living at home.
Jean-Francois is currently the Emergency Department Director at Catskill Regional Medical Center — GH Division, where he supervises a team of nurse practitioners who provide care in the Emergency Department.